Are you a turtle lover and dazzled when you see our hard shelled friends? Would you like to know more about their behavior and interact with them? Just join the PADI Caribbean Sea Turtle Identification Distinctive Specialty!
This specialty is an introduction to the 5 species of sea turtle commonly found in the Caribbean and to familiarize divers with the unique physical and behavioral characteristics of each of these species. It also helps divers interact with the Caribbean sea turtles in a responsible manner while scuba diving. The training emphasizes respect for the environment, safety and fun.
During two scuba dives, you’ll learn how to:
- Observe and interact with Caribbean sea turtles in a responsible manner.
- Locate and identify Caribbean sea turtles by species.
- Record the number of Caribbean sea turtles for each species observed.
- Document Caribbean sea turtles behavior for each species observed.
- Demonstrate respect for the marine park environment and local marine park rules.
Count on one full day for this course.
This specialty course is cooperation with Sea Turtle Conservation Bonaire (STCB), a nonprofit organization located on Bonaire.