The Open Water Diver Course is the way to become a certified PADI Open Water Diver. After finishing this course, you will be certified to explore a whole new world, so why wait any longer?
We have our own training pool which we use for the first confined water session(s) until you are comfortable enough for the ocean. We take our time conducting the course and take you to beautiful sites all along the island of Bonaire. The course is taught in small groups with a maximum of 4 people and by professional instructors who care for the safety and fun of their student divers. We offer more personal attention, more fun, and a real quality dive experience and education.
The course consists of three parts: knowledge development, 5 confined water sessions, and 4 open water dives. The entire course takes 4 full days of diving. You can take the theory part either online or offline.
E-learning PADI Open Water Diver Course
The online option gives you the opportunity to already start your course back home, which will save you about 1 full day of study on Bonaire.
- For the in-water training (theory already finished online) you should count on 3 full days of training from 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM.
- Includes the training and the required dive gear, tanks.
- You pay a separate amount directly to PADI when registering for the online theory (besides the costs for the course).
If you have not signed up for eLearning yet and you want to register for online theory, you MUST do it via this link to be linked to OUR dive shop: https://www.padi.com/courses?irra=24421
Traditional PADI Open Water Diver Course
If you decide to take your theory part here (offline), you will receive all the necessary study material on the day you arrive. Count on a few evenings of studying before and during the course.
- For the in-water training (book-theory already finished), you should count on 4 full days of training from 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM.
- This includes the training and the required dive gear, tanks, study material, and the PADI certification.
PADI Open Water Diver Course Referral
With a ‘normal’ referral the theory and all confined water sessions would have been completed elsewhere. The remaining part of the training, the 4 Open Water dives, will then be done here on Bonaire.
- For the in-water training (theory & confined sessions already finished), you should count on 2 full days of training from 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM.
- This includes the training and the required dive gear, tanks and PADI certification.
Because this is dive training, there is a medical form involved. You need to be fit for diving before you start your course. Contact us for more information.
Open Water Diver eLearning
- Including dive gear & air
- Traditional $499
Open Water Diver Referral
- Including 4 open water dives
- Including dive gear & air
“I signed up for the Open Water certification course with some hesitation about trying scuba in general - a friend (an advanced diver) convinced me to try it. And the experience could not have gone more smoothly. The staff was very friendly, fun, relaxed and accommodating. My instructor was very attentive to everyone’s safety and questions throughout and was incredibly knowledgeable & patient and put me at ease whenever we were practicing skills or purely diving. Now I can say the experience has made me look forward to doing more dives and not just leave this as a one-off experience. When I come back to Bonaire, I am definitely diving with VIP!”