Why become a Rescue Diver?
The PADI Rescue Diver course will change the way you dive – in the best possible way. Learn to identify and fix minor issues before they become big problems, gain a lot of confidence and have fun along the way. Find out why many divers say their Rescue course was their favorite.
Become a better diver
The course consists of knowledge development and in-water training in which you learn how to assist other divers in trouble and how to manage accident situations. Taking this course is challenging, but rewarding as you will build more confidence and become a safer, better diver, not just for yourself but also for your buddy. Count on 2 full days of theory and training.
Prior to the start of your Rescue course, you will need to either show proof of Emergency First Response (CPR and First-Aid) training or an equivalent certification. Please provide any certifications you believe cover this requirement in advance so they can be verified and checked before the start of your course. If you need CPR and First-Aid training, then we will schedule an additional day before the start of your Rescue course for EFR training.
The Rescue diver course requires all basic scuba diving equipment including a compass, dive knife and dive computer. These items can also be rented for the duration of your course.
During this course you will:
- Use emergency oxygen
- Troubleshoot and fix minor scuba gear issues
- Develop underwater safety techniques
- Improve navigation skills
- Learn how to identify a diver in need at the surface or underwater
- Learn how to rescue another diver or yourself
- 12 Years Old
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver *
- Compass, Dive Knight & Computer
* Or qualifying certification from another training organization