Search & Recovery Diver
Want to be a treasure hunter?
It happens: People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats or even while scuba diving. If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
Practice finding objects, big or small
Retrieve lost items that have fallen overboard or over a dock. Learn effective swimming patterns and using a lift bag for heavy objects. Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn. During four scuba dives you’ll practice:
- Swimming different search patterns
- How to work as a team to locate different size objects
- How to use a lift bag to bring up large objects safely
- Planning a search and recovery operation
- 12 Years Old
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver *
* Or qualifying certification from another training organization