VIP Diving Bonaire has implemented various COVID-19 related protocols to keep you and our staff safe.
We can’t wait to see you back in our divers’ paradise on Bonaire in the future!
- Maintain a social distance of 1.5m with staff and guests.
- Social distancing protocols apply to all aspects of the business.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located at all entry points. Please use hand sanitizer or wash hands any time you enter.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid handshakes, elbow bumps, fist bumps, high fives, hugs, etc.
- Cover all coughs or sneezes with elbow or tissue.
- Do not touch items that belong to other guests or staff members.
- Please look but not touch items throughout the store.
- High touch areas will be disinfected throughout the day (doorknobs, light switches, etc.)
- Lockers will be disinfected every morning.
- Classrooms will be disinfected every morning and between groups of guests.
- Defog can be purchased for personal use. Spitting is not allowed in masks.
- If you are not feeling well or are showing signs/symptoms, please inform VIP diving through email or phone call.
- Staff members will wash their hands with soap and water thoroughly before filling tanks. Once tanks are moved to the designated area, all tank valves and dust caps will be disinfected with soap and water.
- Sanitize hands before analyzing tanks at the Air and Nitrox stations. A hand sanitizing station will be available in the drive-thru.
- Guests should only touch the tanks they are taking with them.
- Staff members have been asked not to handle guest gear or tanks unless absolutely necessary.
- Keep a 1.5m distance while in the drive-thru.
Gear / Retail Protocols
- Staff and guests are required to wash or sanitize their hands before fitting of rental gear.
- Masks for sale: Guests should have a staff member present for mask try-ons. Staff members will place masks used for fitting aside in a “quarantine” box and properly disinfect before hanging on display.
- Diving Protocols
– Face masks and open windows are mandatory when inside VIP trucks.
– Guest Options for diving
o Option 1 – Face masks are mandatory inside the VIP trucks. 4 guests max are allowed in the VIP trucks if all are from the same family or party. If guests are not from the same family or party, all guests should agree to travel in the VIP trucks together.
o Option 2 – Guests can follow in their own vehicles for guided dives or courses if they do not want to wear face masks.
o Option 3 – If personal transportation is unavailable or guests do not want to wear face masks, we can only offer dives at Sebastian’s reef (our House reef)
– Your instructor will have hand sanitizer available.
– Predive Safety Check will be completed at the 1.5m distance. Do not test breathe alternate air source. Test purge alternate air source only (all rental and personal gear).
– Dive sites
o Social distancing rules apply at the truck and the surface.
o Set up – If possible, have family members help each other in all aspects (carrying boxes, tanks, gear, entry/exit, at the surface, etc.)
Rinse Area Protocols
- All staff and guests are required to follow the new rinse tank protocols for all gear (rental or owned).
- Step 1 – Disinfect all masks, snorkels, mouthpieces, and BCD oral inflator (if used) in the disinfectant solution (VIP blue box) for 5 minutes.
- Step 2 – Rinse gear in the appropriate rinse tanks labeled with yellow rocks.
- Gear storage is at each person’s own risk. Please do not move or touch someone else’s gear.
- If you do not want to follow the rinse tank protocols, gear should be taken home.
VIP (Virus Individual Protection) Care Kit
- Hand sanitizer – $8
- Defog – $9.95
- Hand sanitizer & defog – $15
- Regular mouthpiece $5
- Comfort bite mouthpiece – $10