Help Restore Bonaire
Ready to use your love of diving to restore the reefs? Want to learn coral gardening techniques? Is becoming a certified Reef Renewal volunteer something that interests you? The PADI Reef Renewal Diver Distinctive Specialty is a fun way to give back some of your time and effort while taking concrete steps to improve Bonaire’s reefs. Bring the science of reef restoration and management to life and do your part to rescue threatened and endangered ecosystems and species. Perfect for families, single divers, vacationers, school groups, and more!
Learn a Speciality, Protect the Reef
Have you ever wished you could give something back to the underwater world that has provided you with beautiful and fun experiences since the moment you learned to dive? Are you ready to dive for a worthy cause?
During 3 training dives and workshops you will learn all the techniques involved in the reef restoration process. You participate in all work that must be carried out at our nursery and the recovery locations including:
- Get inspired during on-land interactive, hands-on lessons and skills practice
- Maintain the coral nurseries while honing your buoyancy
- Propagate new corals in the nurseries that will restore degraded reefs
- Outplant corals back into the reef, leaving a living, lasting mark on Bonaire’s reefs
- Become a member of RRFB’s volunteer ranks
- Join in volunteer dives throughout the year or whenever you return to Bonaire
- 10 Years Old
- A PADI Open Water Diver *
* Or qualifying certification from another training organization